Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Got hobbies? No? Wow, you're a sad person. Anyway, discussion for anything not related to RPs, such as personal interests and the like, feel free to just post in here. Mingle, have fun, make friends.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Postby Lunakitty » Thu May 26, 2016 1:41 am

So let me start with the scariest words... Phone Game. Don't run! It's not what you think!

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius feels like the best merging of old school Final Fantasy style with some of the common good Phone Game mechanics, like drawing assorted heroes (both named FF veterans like Cyan and Kain, and generic classes like Black Mage and Thief), energy meter for stages, and touch controls. But it also has fully explorable towns with shops and NPCs, and a narrative with original characters and plot.

As you clear areas, new areas and town pop up. Once you clear the stages in an area, an explorable version becomes available, filled with chests and loot spots for forge materials. You can buy or craft weapons, armor, items, and spells with those materials.

The battle system is turn based with real time combos. Tap a hero to have them attack, and tap them in order to perform combos. You can also swipe to have a character defend, ready an item, or ready an ability/spell. They'll use the ability instead of a regular attack when you tap them. So you can ready each character's action and then execute those attacks in the best order. And if two or more attacks use the same element in a row you'll get a powerful elemental combo.

Also, the music is a real high point. The battle theme is by far my favorite bgm in the game thus far. The graphics are great too, with both the best sprits I've seen yet, and actual cg minicutscenes. I have a small 6min video I captured to show off the battle system and sample the town. https://youtu.be/L8lJiXe8F_o

Unfortunately I hit scheduled maintenance right after battle. It's a great game, but it's unavailable in the states just yet. However, the apk (for android) is easy to obtain from a safe site, and I've got the link for anyone interested: https://m.apkpure.com/final-fantasy-bra ... lay.FFBEWW

Second game play video
https://youtu.be/WZF9pvE6Bdg
"Yeah, I'm a total Witch."
"Haha, you can swear around us."
"I know what I said." *turns you into a newt*
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
__________________________________________________Can you believe in this?
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Re: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Postby Katt » Thu May 26, 2016 3:36 am

What about Final Fantasy Record Keeper? I love that game! XD
Katt

Postby Lunakitty » Thu May 26, 2016 10:49 am

Record keeper was good, but it was more of a glorified Greastest Hits Montage. It's fun, but Brave Exvius does the whole "summon FF heroes" thing too and does it while giving us better game play in my opinion. I like that spells are tied to MP not 2 or 3 uses per spell, meaning I can actually feel free to use them when I need them instead of holding all my spells or skills for a boss enemy.

And Brave Exvius has real exploration to make the world feel like a real place in game, not just a room full of paintings. I also like that the BE characters have actual story connected to them, not just tutorial dialog like professor MOG and Tyro. I think that was his name. I renamed mine a long time ago lol.

Essentially it feels like Record Keeper was FF Phone Game, and Brave Exvius is FF Phone Game 2.0+. But that's just my opinion as BE plays to my likes lol.

And yes I only just now realised it abriviates to FF BE. XD
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Lunakitty » Thu May 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Added a second video to the opening post. 6more minutes of game play now that maintanence is out of the way, showing off a few of the crafting and summoning features, and finishing with a sample of the explorable dungeons I've been talking about ^__^
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Katt » Sat May 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Clickme wrote:Unfortunately I hit scheduled maintenance right after battle. It's a great game, but it's unavailable in the states just yet. However, the apk (for android) is easy to obtain from a safe site, and I've got the link for anyone interested: https://m.apkpure.com/final-fantasy-bra ... lay.FFBEWW

Erm, so what is an APK/this link? ^^; (I have an android phone)
Katt

Postby Lunakitty » Sat May 28, 2016 4:36 pm

APK files are the same as EXE files on a computre. It's essentially an Android program. Once the apk is downloaded, find it in your phone and click on it. It'll ask if you're sure you want to install an apk that didn't come directly from Google play. Say yes and it'll install the game.
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Katt » Sun May 29, 2016 7:21 am

Well, I've given it a try and will probably play it off and on, but not as obsessively as FFRK. (waste no stamina!)

I actually like that there is barely any story in FFRK, as it just lets me get into the action much quicker. So far the story and dialogue in FFBE is kinda boring :/ I do like that FFBE is turn based though (I sooo wish FFRK was!) but don't find the combo system that interesting as all I'm doing is just tapping fast, which is what I probably would've done even if there wasn't a combo system. The abilities are kind of lacking too. FFRK has interesting ones for physical users (thieves can steal ATK from bosses, Knights can lure attacks to them, etc.), I don't know if FFBE does eventually but right now its mostly just magic spells. Right now the game is too easy IMO, unlike FFRK where I have to plan for bosses. (Damn you U+ Cagnazzo!!) Perhaps when I get farther in the game (I'm at Castle Grandheldt) it'll become more challenging and require some more strategy, I think I may be a little over leveled from using cactuar statues. I'm not sure whether I prefer drawing for new characters (FFBE) or new gear/limit breaks (FFRK) I guess it matters on how much it matters to have ____ character as some limit breaks in FFRK are considered mandatory. Honestly, not a fan of the crafting system for gear. I hate having to look up where X ingredient drops and farm for it.

Also, I wish there was a guide for what to spend my resources on. So far I've just been pulling summons. I got Garland and heard he was pretty good in the global version.
Katt

Postby EdithKnight » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:41 pm

I also like Final Fantasy Record Keeper, because I was recommended by a friend at yo whatsapp modilimitado, and I'm currently playing it too. You can refer here: https://modilimitado.com/yowhatsapp
EdithKnight
Role Player-in-training

Return to Off-Topic Discussion