Tarot

Got hobbies? No? Wow, you're a sad person. Anyway, discussion for anything not related to RPs, such as personal interests and the like, feel free to just post in here. Mingle, have fun, make friends.

Tarot

Postby Lunakitty » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:29 am

So, I've been intrigued by this for a long time, and after rewatching The Vision of Escaflowne (and remembering hte friend that gave it to me ^_^), it kinda jump-started me again. I'm going to be purchasing my first Tarot deck in a few days. THe first chance I get (which'll probably be monday, my next day off), I'll be getting an Amazon.com gift card so I can make the purchase, since I don't have any credit/debit cards. I was wondering if any of you guys have or are thinking of getting Tarot decks. If so, why did you/will you get one? What deck did/would you get? What drew you to that deck? What first interested you in Tarot?

I'll be getting the Magic Manga deck, myself. You can view the cards here: http://www.tarot.com/tarot/decks/index.php?deckID=108 The art is jsut beautiful. I mean, all of the other decks I've looked at either turned me off or brought no more a feeling then "meh", but this deck... The art is beautiful, the style provoking, the imagery is striking. I get excited jsut looking at them. FOr some reason the very idea of this as my first tarot deck is ...it's a joyful feeling. I think, no I'm certain that I'm looking forward to this very much more than even the laptop that I've spent careful weeks of budgeting for and will be used for everything, becoming my very life lol, but the cards... I can only think to say that they speak to me.

Hey, maybe, once I get the hang of everything, and once I'm comfortable with my deck and the cards in it, I could give you a reading. ^_^
"Yeah, I'm a total Witch."
"Haha, you can swear around us."
"I know what I said." *turns you into a newt*
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
__________________________________________________Can you believe in this?
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Re: Tarot

Postby Qwerts » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:15 am

Tarot. Hmm... My mom have an angel deck. Well, it don't really work as a classical tarot deck, but it still can be considered one. There's a book along with it, and in the book, they describe ways to put the cards down on the table. You ask a question to the angels and the way the cards are on the table as well as what cards you have drawn give you a result. There is NO negative things in that deck, I mean, it's always positive messages and all.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Lunakitty » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Angels? And it details the different spreads? That's neat ^_^

I had to get a $50 Amazon gift card (since $25 was like $2 too little, and $50 was the next size up, so I'm gonna find a basics book on there too while I'm at it ^_^ Then it's off tot he checkout! ^_^ Oh, and off th topic, I'm also picking up a $10 Hardcover copy of the 1st American Edition of Dragon Sword and Wind child. It's the book that got me back into writing! I mean, there's a reprint out now, but the translation is a bit different. Nothing too too major, but it's enough of a difference to feel like different book, ya know? So I spent months tracking down a decent copy, and recently I found one on Amazon of all places ^_^ Pretty serendipitous, seeing as I had to get almost $25 extra dollars worth of Amazon gift card... hmm. Could this be fate? O.o ^_^
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Reido Cero » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Only reason I can name all the Tarot cards are the Persona games and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
</irrelevantcomment>

I'd love a reading, myself.
Nothing From Nowhere
Reido Cero
Approved Role Player

Postby Lunakitty » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:48 pm

WEll, I've been putting in a lot of hours into reseach and I came a croos a good site that doesn't hype it all up with thngs like "The spirits move me" or "magic is key". It's really about yourself and your relation to the cards, and your psyche. It's a really deep thing ^_^ and the more I learnm the more I know It'll take awhile before I can read for anyone.

Still, I'd like to try it sometime, thought I'm sure online would be hardher than in person, and I'm a beginner, so don't take it perosnally if I suck ^_^

My deck should arrive in the next few days. Amazon says it should be here anytime between the 2nd an dthe 9th of December, but after reading so much positive "fast shipping" feedback in the sellers storefornt, I'm hoping it'll come this week ^_^

But yeha, a GREAT site is http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/how_to_read.shtml
They real are good at not hyping it all up and presenting things in a manageable and easy to understand manner. And not only do they giving you advise and an inpartial view, but they also provide links to the reasources that will help further the explaniation and various specific books on specific sub-topcs, like Understanding the Court Cards. ^_^
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Lunakitty » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:19 am

SO, my deck has been shipped ^_^ I jsut got the confirmation email today and that means I should see it in a few days ^_^ I'm so excited! ^_^
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Lunakitty » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Good news everyone! I've finally received my Tarot deck ^_^ So, I'll probably not be online like at all tonight ^_^ oh, and on Friday, I get my laptop, so I'll be online like all day for that one ^_^
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Return to Off-Topic Discussion