Duodecim Custom Quest thread

Got hobbies? No? Wow, you're a sad person. Anyway, discussion for anything not related to RPs, such as personal interests and the like, feel free to just post in here. Mingle, have fun, make friends.

Duodecim Custom Quest thread

Postby Lunakitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:35 am

(Changed title for a better fit))

BIG WALL OF TEXT! DON'T RUN!

This... really should have been something I thought of a long time ago, but I had an idea. Right off the bat, no big deal: Dissidia 012 [Duodecim] - Final Fantasy.

~PURPOSE OF THE THREAD~

Now here's the idea. This thread will be dedicated to posting links to Friend cards, and Custom Quests made with Duodecim's Creation Mode. Now, I'll detail all that below for the players that never fiddled wit hit, along with some tips and tricks for getting past some limitations. The main goal of this thread is to let those of us that don't get to play very much with friend, actually get a bit of that. Friend cards aren't perfect, but the Ghost Data does provide nearly 100 different AI tweaks to build the Ghost Data based on how you play by playing a character (you choose) as well as you do (Rank H-A, S, SS, SSS) and in the same style you do (Calm, Cautious, Vicious, Tactician, etc). However the real draw will be the Custom Quests we can make and share with each other ^__^ These are small playable chapters of original story you get to write and direct to a point. IT's a bit limited but it's really neat and allows you to get creative and make your own script ^_^ I'll be posting a good ton of info on the details to make this all work for those that never looked at the Mini-Tutorials or who are maybe new to the game.

~FRIEND CARDS~

How do we share friend cards when the US version of Duodecim doesn't support Infrastructure mode? Well there's Ad-Hoc Party on PS3 and X-link Kai on computers, but that's not the point. The point HERE is that we can Export a friend card (as many as we want with the push of a button) by hitting the SQUARE button from the Friend Card screen in the Data Config section of the main title menu. Here you can select your character and which Set they will use. The same screen also shows you their Rank, Level, and Playstyle. Rank changes according to how YOU personally perform with that particular character. For example my Terra is SSS rank, while my Yuna is only A Rank right now. Lower Ranks are not bad. My friend had a virtually unbeatable Squall Ghost Data that was only Rank B, but the abilities he gave it, it's playstyle, and the gear he outfitted it with all combined to make it a really good character. The Playstyle will change depending on how you mostly use that character. This can be changed by playing differently for several fights. You hit Square and Export a friend card with the Ghost Data you want, then select a new character and set and make another one in a different save slot, and you can make as many Exported Friend cards as you want that way ^_^ So I could share my Yuna ghost, Terra ghost, and all my main characters.

~CUSTOM QUESTS~

The Custom Quest feature, located in the Creation section of the Main Title Menu, is actually a really underrated feature of Duodecim. Here you can create your own Quest with up to 5 fights that you set up around several Dialog scenes that your personally get to write! For Dialog you cna use ANY Icon that you already have unlocked, which means you can have Cid from FF7 berate a character for not sitting down and drinking their GODDAMN TEA, or have a Chocobo pop in for no other reason than to WARK at the player! ^_^ There is a kinda of short character limit, and you may have to add extra spaces to make keep some words from being cut at the end of a line, but it's not a huge deal since you can have the same character speak several times in a row. THe part that gets the most flak is that you only get 10 dialog boxes per Scene, and usually you only get a One Scene between each fight. HOWEVER there IS a way to bypass that and get multiple scenes together back to back, allowing for a change in location mid scene or jsut an extended scene altogether. You can also add effects like fade-ins or a mid scene screen shake to punctuate the explosion you just mentioned, etc. You also get to pick the background location and the music for the scene.

The fights themselves also have a HUGE deal to customize with. FIrst you get to choose whether the fighting is done in Round Robin or Tournament style fights. You can choose the player character and enemy to face, to let the person playing the quest have a free choice of character to use in that fight. You can even make Victory and Defeat conditions, such as you can only win if you win with an Assist Attack, or you loose if the enemy gets to EX-Mode. You can set up a pre-made enemy or have let the computer chose the equipment, meaning you can outfit an enemy however you want. THe same goes for the player; you can choose what the player fights with, including which alt outfit they have to use and lock it, mean the player of the quest must use the character AS IS (outfit, Assist, Abilities, Equipment, Accessories), or you can give them free customization.

Now the trick to getting around the one scene per fight limit... Set the battles to Tournament mode. Now make a Player Character for fight one but NO enemy... then move to fight 3,4 or 5 and make the Enemy character. The quest will open and the scenes will play until the enemy character's fight, then the fight will happen. This way it's possible to have a couple scenes then a fight followed by another scene a a fight, to jsut a very long set of scenes and one single fight.

Also, you can set up to 3 icons to help identify the quest. Any more info you may need is provided in the Mini-tutorials accessible by hitting the START button on the PSP while in Quest Creation.

~THE DATA~

Now to get them on the site you'd only have to copy and paste the Friend card or Quest data from the SAVEDATA folder in the PSP folder of your PSP memory stick (either via card reading on the computer, or the PSP in USB mode), to your computer. THen upload it as a zip file to the site as an attachment or to save bandwidth you can upload it via places like MEgaUpload or MEdia Fire or other free sites and post the link here. From here we can download others' Friend Cards and have fun ^_^ But the REAL meat is the Quests.

To use the files, jsut add the folder (unzipped) into your SAVEDATA folder in the PSP folder of your Memory Stick. If you already have a folder with the same name, jsut change the last 2 characters of hte folder name to a higher number like 80, 85, 90, etc. IT should then appear as a new friend card or quest and not get in the way of any you already have on your card.

=========================================================

=========================================================

Now one more less obvious, but I have to say most fun, purpose is to share and maybe create multi-chapter quests that everyone gets to be a part of ^_^ For instance say I start a chapter of a story, and if you guys like it, I can keep going with new installments of an ever growing, ever evolving story. OR, and this I like even more, we can all make a single story. Say I start a chapter, that leaves off with the last scene mentioning a place or a destination. The next person would then continue that, adding or changing things and making their own chapter, which leaves room at the end for someone else to add on and then another person makes their own chapter... Hell it could even evolve into a Final Fantasy RP! Each person gets to add their own chapter, or alternatively, each person gets to play their own character in a way. For instance I have a chapter and near the end I meat up with Exie or mention Exie and have the last thing I do as mentioning that I'm off to search for that person, or head to their place, etc. Exie then gets to write her chapter. Now of course that would lead tot he potential of people playing a character in a way the other person might not like, but it's a bit of give an take, and only on example. THe great thing is though, that the author can leave the quest "unlocked" which allows for it to be edited, meanign that a chapter could be psoted and then have a person's dialog altered to better fit ^_^ Chain-Quests like this would have to have matching Icons nad maybe titles to make sure people know it's hte same quest-line as previous chapters, but it's something that cna be worked out along the way ^_^

Quests should also have a list of what (if any) content in it needs to be unlocked first. For example, I have a quest that forces use of Ultimecia's Edea Alt outfit and uses the Prima Vista stage. These both need to have been unlocked via purchase in the PP Catalog. IF you don't have them, you wouldn't be able to play my quest until to you did. So that info is important. This also means that if you really wanna play someone's quest, you might have a reason to play in other game modes to work up the PP to unlock things, giving you more direction and a goal to your gameplay and allowing you to get more out of the game ^_^

If there's enough interest int he sharing of QUests, I might even start a Custom Quest mini RP in the RP suggestions. IT would more or less be played like an RP in the RP section in that people would post with the links or attachments to the next chapter of the RP as a whole, with the thread mostly being for side chatter, maybe planning a nest step with another person or comments and suggestions on playstyles and such of previous chapters in order to make new chapters into things that people will enjoy more ^_^ BUt again, only if there's a good number of responses to this thread and people really seem to like the quest swapping and playign with each other's quests ^_^

Well that's it ^_^ Feel free to post Driend Cards, and Quests adn chat and have fun ^___^
"Yeah, I'm a total Witch."
"Haha, you can swear around us."
"I know what I said." *turns you into a newt*
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
__________________________________________________Can you believe in this?
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Re: Come one, come all!

Postby Lunakitty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:08 am

YEY! ^_^ I have a Quest to share! ^_^ I wanted to make a new quest to post as an example, and last night I came up with an idea ^_^ I spent the night working on it and actually spent about twice as long cus of various flaws and issues that I hadn't foreseen (I kinda over-complicated things) but I got it all sorted out and I'm wiser for it ^_^

The concept is simple: Getting in a Barfight. Yes, it's a bit stupid, but stupid can be fun ^_^ There's a few in-jokes that make more sense if you've played games the participating characters are from, but even without that I hope it's a fun little quest ^_^ (see next post for link, this one was corrupt)

Don't worry if you die on the first fight. I've arranged it so that you can finish the story either way ^_^ Oh and before I forget, if you don't have the the same things unlocked (stages, costumes, possibly other things) Then you won't be able to play.

So here's a list of the extra things I used:
PRima Vista stage
Sky Fortress Bahamut stage

IF anyone has any issues playing hte quest let me know. Technically this is the first quest that I've let anyone else play.
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Re: Come one, come all!

Postby Lunakitty » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Ok, so I had some help determining the problem and now the quest works ^_^ so feel free to download and have fun ^_^ http://www.mediafire.com/?oj4z9gz56dbgf26
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Return to Off-Topic Discussion