What Happened To The Forum?

Something Bad Happened. Learn More About it in Here!

Re: What Happened To The Forum?

Postby Lunakitty » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:05 pm

If there's anything I can do to help, jsut say the word ^_^ This place gave me a lot of joy, and I want to help get it back into shape ^_^
"Yeah, I'm a total Witch."
"Haha, you can swear around us."
"I know what I said." *turns you into a newt*
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
__________________________________________________Can you believe in this?
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Lady Exie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Just try to get anyone who was on the forum to rejoin. And if you know any RPers who might like to join, direct them here. At first, this was just a place to express my RP tastes. But now that it nearly died, I want this to grow into a good RP community.

It's weird, before I began RPing, I never really spent too much time with online friends. So thank you all for being a part of this. It's meant a lot so far.
Lady Exie
Site Admin

Postby Lunakitty » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Yeah, This Forum seems to have made some sort of impact in a lot of people's lives in one way or another. I mean I know it sounds corny, but so be it. ^_^

I'll ask around, and try to get some friends (the ones that may not mind TF-things) here. OH, and another thought. Some people (won't name names) who may have left becasue RPs moved too fast, now have a chance to get back in on things ^_^ I mean we all get to start on the same page now, and with the summaries, it would give them a good chance to come back if they wanted and not be totally lost ^_^

Oh, also, I can handle getting a summary of the Vampire RP for you. I remember most of it, but I'll need to talk to Sumi, Viper and You at some points to fill in the gaps ^_^ but still, I think I could handle it ^_^ I don't havethe most free time, but I know you have a lot of things to do jsut in getting hte forum back on it's feet, and I other than a few job-searh things, and Dissidia, I have no life ^_^

Plus, you said it'd take a few days to get the place ready for RP's again anyways ^_^
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Lady Exie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:18 pm

I know a lot of what happened in vamp so just send me any thing you know and I'll compile it with Geno.

Also, where is Sumi. I haven't seen him around much in recent weeks.
Lady Exie
Site Admin

Postby Lunakitty » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:20 pm

Alright. I'll create a summary for the Yuri character. I'll try to give all the info I can, without overloading the fine details. It'll be a long PM though ^_^ I mean we DID have over 300 pages of RP ^_^
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Lady Exie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Well, we don't need to go over every minute details. Just important character moments and a good runthrough of the plot.
Lady Exie
Site Admin

Postby shadow21viper » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Lady Exie wrote:Well said, Click. If any noticed, the forum is slowly starting to look like it once did.

Also, for anyone involved with Otaku, Geno and I are considering retconning out characters that ended up disappearing so that their will be less confusion.

Anyway, I'm excited about the enthusiasm about rebuilding. My spirits were crushed last night but I'm glad everyone is just willing to pick up where we left off. Also, I will be uploading people's avatars since I have a backup of them and I want this place to look like it once did.

Agreed. I'm not feeling as bad as I did a few hours ago. But if you can upload my avatar then that would be great. I hate this site when I hald to load it the first time and can't resize the pic from here at the website now. *sigh* This is why technology sucks somethimes.

If you need any help, you know where to find me. I remember most of the spinal possession part of the RP since I've re-read it for at last three times. The furthest I got in re-reading was up to when Valerie was hanging out with Gypsy and Yuri just finished finghting Steven or rather Sophie. I remember bits and pieces but I'm forgetting anything that wasn't very memorable.

As for the Infection RP I remember most of what happened in that one. It didn't get to far so it shouldn't be too hard.
shadow21viper
Approved Role Player

Postby Lady Exie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Weird, for some reason, your avatar isn't in the backup for some reason. You want to send me the file and I'll adjust it for you?
Lady Exie
Site Admin

Postby Lunakitty » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:52 pm

I may have it. I remember saving that image for some reason, so I jsut need to look throuhg my folders ^_^ Shouldn't take too long ^_^
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby shadow21viper » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:55 pm

Yeah that would be nice. I'll send it in a sec. Thanks in advance.

Don't worry about it too much Click. I have it right here on my PSP. But you could send it just in case.
shadow21viper
Approved Role Player

Postby shadow21viper » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:02 pm

-_- And now I'm reminded that this website hates my PSP. So if you do have it Click go right ahead and send it. If not then I'll send it tomarrow.

That or try resizing it myself. We'll see.

Well I need to go to bed. Night everyone.
shadow21viper
Approved Role Player

Postby Lunakitty » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 pm

Damn... I must not have saved it. Sorry. But at least it's not gone gone ^_^
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Lady Exie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:46 am

SV, feel free to send me the file and I can upload it for you.

Also, the forum itself is back to a familiar state, though I don't expect RPs to immediately start. First we must compile summaries for the RPs that GMs want to continue rather restart (Like Vamp, Otaku and Infestation to name a few).

But don't let that stop you from starting new RPs and everything. Hopefully, we can expand the userbase here and make this into a thriving community. That is my new goal.
Lady Exie
Site Admin

Postby Qwerts » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Hmm, that might seems stupid, but what the word retconning mean?

Also, it's not the first time that Sumi disappear for a while. Seems to happen when school start again. I just hope it won't take too long.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Lady Exie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Retroactive continuity is the deliberate changing of previously established facts in a work of serial fiction. The change is informally referred to as a "retcon", and producing a retcon is called "retconning". Retconning may be carried out for a variety of reasons, such as to accommodate sequels or further derivative works in the same series, to reintroduce popular characters, to make a reboot of an old series more relevant to modern audiences, or to simplify an excessively complex continuity structure.

Examples:
X-Men: In the original Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Sagas in X-Men comics, Jean Grey's Phoenix powers was basically her at her most powerful. Being an Omega-level Mutant, her powers were inhibited so that she wouldn't lose control of her powers. When she finally broke free of her inhibitors, she became known as Phoenix and after an encounter with a group of Villains who attempted to brainwash her, she became Dark Phoenix, becoming corrupted by the false memories they had implanted in her.

Later stories introduced the concept of the Phoenix Force, a cosmic-entity, of which Jean Grey was an avatar for, as well as being one of the most power Phoenix's of them all, a White Phoenix of the Crown. The idea of the Phoenix being Jean Grey at her full potential was dismissed and replaced with the concept of the Phoenix Force, which makes the idea of Phoenix being Jean's full power becomes non-canon and is removed from the story's timeline.

Red vs. Blue: In Season 3, Church gets sent into the past and attempts to rewrite some of the series history by stopping events from happening. While Caboose killed him because of Sheila, Season 3's events retconned that making it actually Church's fault for allowing Sheila's targeting functions to allow friendly fire, making him the one responsible for his own death and not Caboose. Also, while the main cast was supposedly blown 800 years into the future in Season 3, later season have revealed that fact to be completely wrong and the cast didn't actually time travel to begin with.

What we're gonna do is make it so characters that disappeared never existed to begin with, since it doesn't seem like those characters will ever come back.
Lady Exie
Site Admin

Postby Qwerts » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Previous

Return to Important Information