Misadventures (Dungeon Crawler/Fantasy)

Pick your poison, create your character and prepare to jump in. Basic rules and character profiles should go here so that people know what they're getting into and get a feel for what characters they'll be RPing alongside.

Re: Misadventures (Dungeon Crawler/Fantasy)

Postby Jecilyn » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Lessien wrote:Someone wanna get a mop and bucket?

*mutter grumble*

More bloody work...it's messes like this that mean I can't play proper no more...You better keep your players under control Lessien, if I has to come down here to clean up any more 'puddles'...

*starts mopping up the resulting mess*
*"Let's not jump to conclusions...."

**"I didn't jump...I took a small step, and there the conclusions were..."
Jecilyn
Approved Role Player

Postby Lunakitty » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:52 pm

every push of hte mob makes contented giggling sounds as the mismatched manage a trios plays out in the melty mind
"Yeah, I'm a total Witch."
"Haha, you can swear around us."
"I know what I said." *turns you into a newt*
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
__________________________________________________Can you believe in this?
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Postby Lessien » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:45 am

Jecilyn wrote:
Lessien wrote:Someone wanna get a mop and bucket?

*mutter grumble*

More bloody work...it's messes like this that mean I can't play proper no more...You better keep your players under control Lessien, if I has to come down here to clean up any more 'puddles'...

*starts mopping up the resulting mess*

Even if I said I would... Would anyone believe me? :twisted:
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Lessien
Approved Role Player

Postby Qwerts » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:31 am

Lessien wrote:Even if I said I would... Would anyone believe me? :twisted:

I would! Is it the right anwer? Do I win something?
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Lessien » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:46 am

Here's a little more Karmen cause why not? This time using her Barrier Charm spell.

One day i gotta get these colored...
Attachments
Karmen Barrier Charm.jpg
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Lessien
Approved Role Player

Postby Lycanthrokeith » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:37 pm

For approval. Thanks again!

(Edit: Included a few things in the "Dislikes" and "Middleground" Process categories)

Name: Aeori Deftblades
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Appearance: Aeori stands at 5’4”, and about 150 lbs. Her skin is slightly tanned, covering a slender, toned body. She has dull hazel eyes, short auburn hair (cut to intentionally minimize the odds of having it grabbed in combat), and B-cup breasts. Several scars are on her body, including four on her left cheek from a wolf attack, one on her upper right arm from a sword slash, and a short scar in the small of her back from a failed assassination attempt. She doesn’t bother to hide the facial scar, though the others are usually covered by her armor. Aeori typically doesn’t take off her armor, unless she absolutely needs to. She wears simple, unappealing clothing beneath it for modesty and base padding.
Personality: Aeori has been hardened by years of rejection, betrayal, and combat. She gives women much more leeway than men, to whom she will be curtly polite. Her life is about practicality, with survival her top priority, and money a close second. She considers it a mistake to reveal too much about herself, or to stay in one place for more than a couple of weeks. The people she gets along with best are combat trainers and blacksmiths.
Background: Aeori was born into a highly patriarchal town, the sole girl in a family of 3 boys. Her mother died giving birth to her. Her father Garrett Harbrough never hid his displeasure at her gender and his belief that she killed his wife; he allowed her brothers free reign to make her life miserable. When he had the chance, her father sold Aeori into slavery to a corrupt travelling merchant. Aeori toiled for several years, though it made her strong and savvy as she silently learned what she could. When the merchant was murdered by someone he’d swindled, she was able to make her escape. She ran, lost between towns for months, during which time she received the facial scars from the wolf attack. Eventually Aeori was able to slip into a town in the middle of the night and hide in a forge to get sleep. She was found the next morning by the blacksmith, a kindly former adventurer nicknamed Cuss (because his language grew more foul when he got angry). Cuss took pity on Aeori and took her in as an apprentice, teaching her weapon and armorcrafting, and the fighting arts. He also helped her craft her signature weapon. Aeori learned here that not all men were evil. When she reached adulthood, Cuss encouraged her to seek a fortune of her own. She replaced her long-abandoned surname with a title Cuss had given her, “Deftblades,” and set off to make a better life for herself.

Attributes (One exceptional, one good, two average, two poor)
Strength: Average
Dexterity: Exceptional
Intelligence: Average
Cunning: Good
Charm: Poor
Luck: Poor

Weapon of choice: Aeori conceived and created a unique weapon she calls a Twinitar. The weapon is essentially a pair of scimitar-like swords with hand-and-a-half grips (as with Bastard Swords) that can be quickly snapped together at the pommels. This allows her to staff-twirl them like a large saw-like circular spinning blade, or to separate them into two swords as needed. She carries a pair of daggers (which can be thrown if needed) and a sap as emergency backup weapons.
Armor: Aeori’s primary armor is a well-worn chain shirt, worn with leather arm and leg pieces. She also has a pair of leather gloves.

Feats/Abilities:
- Weapon Finesse: Aeori uses her Dexterity in place of Strength to perform combat attacks. The Twinitar is specially designed to take advantage of her agility in this way. (Will Two-Weapon Fighting qualify for this weapon only?)
- Jury-Rigging: Aeori is a skilled salvager when it comes to weapons and armor, with a good eye for quality and versatility in the things she sees.
- Strong Will: Being cynical and paranoid helps Aeori guard against undue influence.
- Survivalist: Aeori has a working knowledge of how to scrape by in both wilderness and urban environments.

Additional Info: Aeori tends to grab anything she can that might be at least somewhat valuable, to keep herself in coin. She spends money only when absolutely necessary; she can pinch a coin so tight her fingers will have copper stains. She has a distrust of magic and potions. She is prone to night terrors and hates sleeping.

(Feel free to ask if something comes up that I haven’t covered)
Process Likes: Hermaphrodite, werewolf or were-large-cat, BE (within reason), eyes, beautification, height increase, multiple arms, multi-breast, muscle growth (within reason), satyr, succubus and demonic changes, undeath, controllable instinct additions
Process Middleground: Reptile, elf, fae, shrinking (fae-related), corruption (if it can be overcome through RP)
Process Dislikes: Feet (except as quick process description), pregnancy, AR or AP, multi-leg, taur, dwarf, halfling/gnome, TG (in this case), bimbofication, anal
Last edited by Lycanthrokeith on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LK Enterprises: Screwing With the Paradigm Since 1975!

Avatar: "Checking" by Mikhail. Used With Permission.

My Card: https://www.f-list.net/c/missclaneous/
Lycanthrokeith
Approved Role Player

Postby Lessien » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Seems balanced enough. Feel free to arrive at the inn, reveal yourself having been there lurking in a corner with the other patrons, or any later opportunity where it seems a good fit for your character to make an entrance.
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Lessien
Approved Role Player

Postby Lycanthrokeith » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:27 pm

Lessien wrote:Seems balanced enough. Feel free to arrive at the inn, reveal yourself having been there lurking in a corner with the other patrons, or any later opportunity where it seems a good fit for your character to make an entrance.

Cool deal. Thanks for squeezing me in. I'll consider this my birthday present.

Lycanthrokeith
Approved Role Player

Postby Katt » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:56 am

I need to stop making such hated characters lol
Katt

Postby Mitsunami » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:04 am

Aw, I'm sure people will warm up to him...once the right curse gives him a figure and brain similar to your Francine character in your game with Bio...or something to that effect, anyway. :P

Also, for the record, I've got no hatred for Naga. She's a little boisterous, sure, but she's at least aiming to do the right thing.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby Katt » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:49 am

Hehe that's comforting. Thanks ^^
Katt

Postby Lycanthrokeith » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:23 pm

To paraphrase a quote from Jerry "The King" Lawler, Aeori couldn't warm up to Cooper if they were cremated together.

But that's what makes the RP interesting.

Lycanthrokeith
Approved Role Player

Postby Qwerts » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Kinda conflicted here. IF I'm to play Crom correctly, he's just gonna charge in head first. However, I would have him stick around the others...

Yeah... Conflicted. :/
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Lessien » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:22 pm

Just basically have him defer to Aeorii I guess? Have Crom ask the sword lady if he can go kill goblins and then he decides to either listen to sword lady's advice or ignores it and charges. At least making an effort towards listening, etc.
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Lessien
Approved Role Player

Postby Lycanthrokeith » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:41 am

Lessien wrote:Just basically have him defer to Aeorii I guess? Have Crom ask the sword lady if he can go kill goblins and then he decides to either listen to sword lady's advice or ignores it and charges. At least making an effort towards listening, etc.

That's what I was figuring, but it's up to you, Qwerts. I won't tell you how to play your character.

Apropos of nothing, Lessien, Aeori's name only has one "i."

Also apropos of nothing, any side bets on who's going to be the first one TF'ed?

Lycanthrokeith
Approved Role Player

Postby Qwerts » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:01 am

That's what I actually did. lol

About who's gonna get the first TF, I thought it might be Crom from jumping in without thinking, but now, I'm not sure. Perhaps Cooper?
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Silver » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:33 am

Obviously verdant because Cooper needs something to "seduce"
I fear today will be filled with Lunacy.
So exactly like every other day.

Silver
Approved Role Player

Postby Lessien » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:57 am

When it comes to battle each person may take one set of actions. This may be a quick series of slices, fire an arrow or two, throw up a spell or more if you're fast enough, or raise your shield and riposte anyone who overextends themselves trying to breach your defenses. Basically about five-ten seconds worth of actions.

Also I would prefer if each person in the party gets to make a post before I respond so this way people's actions are in time with the others. If someone does not post within a decent amount of time and a majority of other rpers have I will take command for their action, unless people object.

This is because sometimes your actions will fail and also so one person doesn't wipe out an army of foes before anyone else in their party gets to say or do anything because of different times when I was online or others were.

Any questions please post them here.
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Lessien
Approved Role Player

Postby Katt » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:50 pm

I think I might honestly try to not get Cooper tf'd right away... but its up to the GM really :P
Katt

Postby Qwerts » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Silver wrote:Obviously verdant because Cooper needs something to "seduce"

Hopefully, IF Verdan is the first one to be tf'ed, she'll "seduce" his balls with her knee... Or her foot. XD
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to RP Signups