Distortion Dice

Got an idea for an RP? Go ahead and post it here and discuss it with others before deciding to proceed. Your open forum for feedback and opinions about your ideas.

Distortion Dice

Postby Mitsunami » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:41 pm

Considering a mini-RP based on the Tekweapons comic, Game of Distortion. All players would come in as either an OC or a favorite anime/game character and play a game of dice...where you are changed based on the roll results.

In the original game, it was 3 six-sided dice- the first die chose the part of your body to be changed, and you could choose to have all, part, or everything but the chosen part altered. The second die determined whether it would grow or shrink, and the third determined percentage.

Naturally, we could all make up our own rules and come to an agreement as to how we wanted to play. I've done this as a private game with a few people and it was quite fun, but long responses are sometimes required to describe the changes, making me think it may be better off here. Also, to keep the changes from being pointless, we'd likely break between rounds so the players could...explore each other. If this sounds good to anyone, do let me know. Multiple players welcomed, probably best to keep it to four or five at most, though.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Re: Distortion Dice

Postby Qwerts » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:04 pm

Cool, that's similar to Lessien's now defunct Boobmanjii. I like that idea.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Chris_B » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:53 pm

The idea is fun. I'm definitely interested in getting in on this.
deviantART: http://kalanosis.deviantart.com/
Bimbo Fan and Writer
Chris_B
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 am

Got Bio's vote on this as well, so might be time to start figuring out the rules...

In the original, or at least the one I played with people, all three dice were six-sided, the first determining the target area to be affected.

1- Lips
2- Ass
3- Pussy
4- Breasts
5- Wild
6- Wild x2

A wild permits you to pick any of the first four, or pick something not listed if you desire. A Wild x2 lets you pick two targets, but both will be subject to the same type and amount of change that the next two dice dictate.

The second die determines what type of change will happen-

1- Double Shrink
2- Shrink
3- Grow
4- Double Grow
5- Wild
6- Double Wild

You may choose to have this roll affect the target area or every part of yourself EXCEPT that area. With the doubles, this means they will be affected by the percentage roll twice over- say it's 100% on a Double Grow. That area will then grow 100% larger than it already is, then grow 100% larger again from that new size. On a Wild or Double Wild, you may choose which type of affect you want- Yes, you can have a Double Grow or Shrink as BOTH of your selections on a Double Wild. >:3

Die Number 3 determines the percentage that something will change. The original had a whole table based on preference, but...I say screw it and go for broke, max setting for everything. XD

1- 25%
2- 50%
3- 100%
4- 150%
5- 200%
6- 500%

Now, those are just the rules for the most basic form of the game, but I'd like to see about adding all of our desired changes into this...so if we want to add more sides to certain dice, change the numbers around...I had one version which included penalty dice, that might be useable, too...anyway, open for suggestion and debate.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby BioYuGi » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:45 am

I definitely like the idea of the penalty dice, or, perhaps to keep things a little fresh, like, after round 2, the next round involves a set of 'animal dice'. So you roll, get a change, but then you could end up as a pig, cow, dog, fox, cat, dragon, whatever. And when it comes to the 'having fun' section after each round, users typically can alter reality to help out. So people can give themselves new clothes, or summon a jacuzzi, or make food.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:48 am

That's right, it all takes place in the magical realm of Outside Continuity, so regardless of what characters you use, they can generally do as they like in this realm...except leave the game before it's finished. Animal TF is a plus, would need to settle on what people do and do not want...shouldn't be too hard.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby BioYuGi » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Awesome. Well speaking of continuity, hm, should we do original characters or choose ones from tv and games? I'm fine either way and I guess maybe we could allow a mix since it's outside continuity.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Qwerts » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:29 pm

As for animal TFs, yay!

Perhaps make "like", "neutral", "dislikes" and remove dislikes that most people have? After that some kind of vote on what neutral we keep (not only on animals, but other "weirder" TFs)?
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:25 pm

For the animal die, I'm thinking, in no particular order...Mouse, Bunny, Cow, Fox, Cat...and then Wild, which can be any species you so desire. After rolling that, you would then roll the percentage die to see how much of that species you'd become...I'm thinking...

25%- Ear and tail type changes
50%-Ears, tail, possibly the start of some skin pattern changes or patches of fur
100%- Ears, tail, skin, slight alteration of hands and feet, starting to make animal sounds
150%-Skin color or pattern fully animal-like, tail, ears, extra appendages associated with species, some minor instinct twerks, and a strong verbal tic.
200%- Full-on anthro with instincts and verbal tic firmly in place.
500%- Same as a 5, but with much more exaggerated sexual features, fluffier tail, etc. Just an overdose of everything.

Considering a penalty die that can be rolled if you do not liek what you got for the first die...but no idea what to put on it just yet. As far as expansions go, I'm fine with leaving the listed selection of body parts as they are, unless there is strong objection. Perhaps another set of dice which can be rolled for alternative TFs? The floor is open.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby Qwerts » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Yeah, a third set would be nice.

For "wilder" tfs, like the ones that were seen in Witch mansion, that some of you played some times ago?
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:07 am

Took some time to figure out TFs not related to the initial expansion-based set or the animal-type...had a lot of help from Chris on this.

He was figuring on a mental alteration die, though I was only able to come up with four sides for that- Submissive, Dominant, IQ, and Libido. Any other mental aspects that could increase or reduce?

As for separate TFs, what I have so far is...Multi-breast, lactation (you pick the flavor/type of fluid yourself), goo-girl (you pick the flavor for that, too. XD), princess TF, nerd TF, bimbofication.

Open to more suggestions for either of them, and as with the animal dice, the "strange TF" set would simply have you go straight to the percentage roll. The mental one...roll a six-sided and increase if it's a odd result, decrease if it's even, I think.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:13 pm

Alright, from posts here and conversations with both Chris and Bio over AIM, I think I've got enough to compile a rule sheet....so if everyone is good with it, I can try starting up the game after everyone's had a chance to look it over, though of course you can bring up anything you think is missing or take issue with for whatever reason.

Code: Select all
Distortion Dice Rules

The game is played in a special realm that exists outside of continuity. Once begun, the game cannot be over until a winner is declared. Inside this realm, all players are free to alter the scenery to their liking, as well as conjure any needed food, drink, or clothing, whether it would exist in the natural world or not. The first round of play is always done with the three traditional dice, but new dice may be added in later rounds, and some versions of the game even require the use of these additions. The dice are as follows-

White Die- Six Sides, determines the affected area of the body.

1- Lips
2- Ass
3- Pussy
4- Breasts
5- Wild
6- Wild x2

A wild permits you to pick any of the first four, or pick something not listed if you desire. A Wild x2 lets you pick two targets, but both will be subject to the same type and amount of change that the next two dice dictate.

Black Die- Six Sides, determines in what way the target area is affected.

1- Double Shrink
2- Shrink
3- Grow
4- Double Grow
5- Wild
6- Double Wild

You may choose to have this roll affect the target area or every part of yourself EXCEPT that area. With the doubles, this means they will be affected by the percentage roll twice over- say it's 100% on a Double Grow. That area will then grow 100% larger than it already is, then grow 100% larger again from that new size. On a Wild or Double Wild, you may choose which type of affect you want- Yes, you can have a Double Grow or Shrink as BOTH of your selections on a Double Wild. >:3

Red Die- Six Sides, used for determining percentage of change.

1- 25%
2- 50%
3- 100%
4- 150%
5- 200%
6- 500%

This ends the list of basic die used in play. The following are additions that may be brought in at any time after the first round. Once brought into play, ANY of these dice may be used either at the start of your turn, or if you would rather have a different option than what the white die has decreed.

Blue Die- Animal TF Die. Six Sides, used to cause animal features to blend with your own characteristics. When rolling this die, bypass the black die and proceed immediately to the red.

1- Mouse
2- Cat
3- Cow
4- Fox
5- Bunny
6- Wild- choose any species.

(Percentage Value approximations-
25%- Ear and tail type changes
50%-Ears, tail, possibly the start of some skin pattern changes or patches of fur
100%- Ears, tail, skin, slight alteration of hands and feet, starting to make animal sounds
150%-Skin color or pattern fully animal-like, tail, ears, extra appendages associated with species, some minor instinct twerks, and a strong verbal tic.
200%- Full-on anthro with instincts and verbal tic firmly in place.
500%- Same as a 5, but with much more exaggerated sexual features, fluffier tail, etc. Just an overdose of everything.)

Green Die- Unusual TFs Die. 8 sides, for those who want to do more than just expand, and add a bit of unique flavor to their changes. After rolling this die, bypass the black die and proceed immediately to the red.

1- Multiboob
2- Nerdification
3-Goo-girl/Slime TF (Pick your flavor)
4- Princessification
5- Lactation (Pick your flavor)
6- Bimbofication
7- Pokégirl TF (Pick a species)
8- Wild (Any unique TF not listed, or one or more of the above)

Pink Die- Mental TFs- 4 sides, for altering ones mental state. Include a roll of the black die to determine an increase or decrease in value- An increase on an odd number and decrease on an even.

1- Submissiveness
2- IQ
3- Libido
4- Wild (Pick one or combo)

Yellow Die- Physical states- Four sides, for fine-tuning the state of one's physical form. May select one or more of the areas listed on the White die to be affected. Include a roll of the black die to determine an increase or decrease in value- An increase on an odd number and decrease on an even.

1- Jiggle
2- Sensitivity
3- Softness
4- Wild (Pick one or combo)

Jackpot Rule- If a roll of the White, Black, and Red die should result in three of the same number, the player may then choose to either keep the result of that roll, or select any value from any one of the dice currently in play. In either case, the player also has the option of choosing to double their percentage value for that roll.

The players may take breaks between any number of rounds to enjoy the effects of the dice on themselves or one another- please get permission before enjoying anyone besides yourself. The game is over when all players agree that they wish to stop and have declared a winner based on group decision. Prizes optional. Batteries not included, ages 10 and up.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby BioYuGi » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:02 am

Woo, looks awesome Mitsu! Well done.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:24 am

Chris said about the same, thanks by the way...and I wanna start, too...hmm...majority has it! That, and it should be all right to post an opening. Let's see what I can do.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby Qwerts » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:07 am

As for characters, do we use OC, or game/anime/other characters?
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:09 am

Yes.

By which I mean all are acceptable. Pick one from that entire pool of choices and send them through the door when you're ready. Though if it's a character from existing media, may want to include an image for those that may not know them...and if it's an OC, a good description. Helps to know what we're working with.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby Qwerts » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:11 am

kk.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Qwerts » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:40 am

Gonna create a character for this game, because I can't decide on which non OC character to use.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:34 am

Gah, stupid me, I remembered everything else and forgot to offer the most important thing for all of you...a place to roll the dice!

I tend to use this site- https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Otherwise, I'll just use my own set of DnD dice at home. Everyone else can either do one of those things or, if you have a dice roller site or program you like better, be my guest.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:36 pm

....Dammit, I don't believe I didn't see this coming.

Qwerts raised a question about the shrink rolls, and after a quick discussion with Bio on the matter, I've come to the conclusion that I'm something of a twit and I screwed up. The percentages for that need to be different in order for this to work. As such, I've modified them in the rules sheet for the RP's opening post. Sorry about that.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Next

Return to RP Ideas