Heir to the Throne RP

Got an idea for an RP? Go ahead and post it here and discuss it with others before deciding to proceed. Your open forum for feedback and opinions about your ideas.

Heir to the Throne RP

Postby Mitsunami » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:38 pm

This idea stemmed from a shared interest between myself, Pana, and Bio in princess TF...Bio wrote a rather good story on it that I think is still available for viewing here, and on his DA. Anyway, the premise of this RP is having the party of characters transported to another world, one ruled over by a very powerful Empress who is seeking an heir to groom for her throne. However, one cannot simply take over such an important position as Empress right off...and so they must start off as a princess.

After the introductions and transport to the new realm, players would receive an explanation from the Empress, then be started down their transformation. Regardless of gender, everyone would eventually be changed into some type of princess, traits and personality depending on the type. This change could take anywhere from one to two days in-game...I'd like to try and draw it out some, but can accept a majority approval of a certain length of time.

Once everyone has been changed, the next idea was that they'd be reminded that only ONE heir was to be selected. From here, each player would be given a portion of the Empress's magic, along with an amulet, and told that they must try to change the other princesses into their servants. However, they can not simply change them directly, and must instead rely on trickery and traps, enchanting items or certain spaces with their gifted power. The amulets will protect from most of the effects of a servant transformation a limited number of times- between three and five seems fair.

The last one standing takes the prize and gets to become the heir to the throne...with their former opponents as personal servants. Also, until that competition is over, while other princesses can't be targeted for direct transformation, servants can.

List of Princess Types (So Far):

Damsel Princess

Badass Princess

Evil Princess

Spoiled Brat Princess

Motherly Princess

Nerd Princess

Jungle Princess

Servant Types (So Far):

Jester

Maid

Bedmate

Secretary

Pet

Anyway, this is all of the idea I could cobble together so far. Any questions, clarifications, suggestions- go ahead with any of them, but all MUST be submitted in text. :P
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Re: Heir to the Throne RP

Postby Katt » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Sounds like it could be fun.

Though no bimbo princess or handmaiden servant? :P
Katt

Postby Chris_B » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 pm

It's definitely an interesting idea. Not sure how good I'd be at playing a princess, though.
deviantART: http://kalanosis.deviantart.com/
Bimbo Fan and Writer
Chris_B
Approved Role Player

Postby BioYuGi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:48 am

I'd definitely be down for this. And as much as a bimbo princess would be stupidly sexy, I feel that character would be at a supreme disadvantage as far as falling for the traps and trying to trick the others.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Katt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:41 pm

BioYuGi wrote:I'd definitely be down for this. And as much as a bimbo princess would be stupidly sexy, I feel that character would be at a supreme disadvantage as far as falling for the traps and trying to trick the others.

Thats true. Maybe just slutty princess. Or maybe theres already enough different types :)
Katt

Postby BioYuGi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:13 pm

So, everyone is going to be fully transformed into their princess form before they're given the chance to change the others. So, in the meantime while they're changing, provided it's not super quick over the process of minutes, they could explore the setting they're in, maybe during that time is how they pick what type of princess they turn into. If you visit the jungle, you become jungle princess, etc.

And then for the changes, should each princess specialize in a type of servant, like, if I spiked the tea of everyone, they'd all turn into sexy jesters or whatever, or would each princess have a pre-ordained servant they'd change into?
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Bimbo princess is possible, naturally...

Yes, each person would be fully changed before they can target others...and I like the idea of their location altering them. As for differences between servants...I want to say that each person can become whatever the one attacking them wants them to be...but currently having trouble deciding on the "how" of all of this...

For traps, I was thinking something like those magic Rune-mines you can place in Skyrim...maybe remotely controlled so it only hits the one you want...and probably cursing people's items, assuming they'll pick them up later...an apple, a tiara laid on the bedside table overnight, that kind of thing...

Also struggling with what to do when someone is targeted by several different servant-type spells...the amulets won't allow the full transformation to get through, but small parts of it will...hmmm...man, I wish I could feel awake at an opportune time these days...would help this planning process greatly...
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby BioYuGi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:34 pm

Hm, I like the idea of runes, yeah. And as for multiple spells affecting somebody, they could all mix in I'm sure... I guess it could be the majority 'type' wins out in the end, simply. Like you get hit with two sex servants, a jester, and a maid before the amulet breaks, then you end up a sex servant?
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Katt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:29 am

Any particular form for the character bios we should use for signing up?
Katt

Postby robiotic » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:54 am

I'd potentially be interested, but I'm a little confused as to how it'd work.
I'd like to see more valiant or domineering options though, like Knight or Valkyrie princess, and the same for servants as well - I'd be more inclined to take an offer of power than of submission. Perhaps mage as a servant class as well since they could then provide additional use against other princesses?
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby Geno XIII » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:51 pm

I was thinking - and brought up in IMs, but also pitching here for other's opinions - that there's something like several kingdoms that each had a matriarch that can be represented by each princess, but are now united under one flag in a sort of mythical storybook-like world the victims are transported to.
3DS Friend Code: 3067 - 4780 - 9062
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Postby Katt » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:38 am

So is this RP happening? ^^

What if, instead of the princess just becoming lone queen, all the princesses are actually in competition to marry the lone prince/king in order to become Queen? Like one of those bachelor shows XD
Katt

Return to RP Ideas