Dissidia Rp

Got an idea for an RP? Go ahead and post it here and discuss it with others before deciding to proceed. Your open forum for feedback and opinions about your ideas.

Dissidia Rp

Postby Geno XIII » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:55 pm

I think I already made a thread about this years ago, but here it goes. Click once did an rp yeeears ago for an rp sort of like the game Dissidia, where characters from our various rp's, or just random OCs were drawn to a mysterious world and having no memories of where they came from, except how to use their own abilities.

I was thinking what if we reboot it, only instead of characters just exploring and such, its more like the game where there's a good and evil force that drew the heroes and villains there to do battle with each side. Like the games, there would be roughly equal numbers on both sides, so people can definitely play more than one person and the objective for the good side would be to return home via... finding their crystals?I dunno, it wasn't that clear how they did it in the games either, but the evil side would just be set loose to kick ass, I guess. Thoughts on how this could work?
3DS Friend Code: 3067 - 4780 - 9062
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Re: Dissidia Rp

Postby panahinuva » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:00 pm

I think it sounds fun. If we're doing PVP, however, we absolutely have to figure out a better way than logic fights to resolve conflicts, as evidenced by Vampire. I'd suggest either simple dice roll-offs, or coin flips and then actually write out the fight towards the pre-arranged conclusion.
F-List: http://www.f-list.net/c/panahinuva

"The world is upside-down, Alice! The inmates are running the asylum- no offense. And worst of all... I'm left tea-less!"

panahinuva
Site Admin

Postby Geno XIII » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:50 pm

I don't suppose there's a really simple DnD style system we could use, just without experience and possible deaths, just somehow using spells and or abilities and somehow making up stats for characters like a character sheet with distributed stats or so?
3DS Friend Code: 3067 - 4780 - 9062
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Postby panahinuva » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Really simple character sheets are easy. We just need to define abilities, some skills and having people roll d20s for things.

"The world is upside-down, Alice! The inmates are running the asylum- no offense. And worst of all... I'm left tea-less!"

panahinuva
Site Admin

Postby Silver » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:32 pm

I think I remember that old RP. Wasn't too long after OOO started up. I'd agree to a decent combat system for this sort of thing, basic stats and d20 stuff wouldn't be hard to work out.
I fear today will be filled with Lunacy.
So exactly like every other day.

Silver
Approved Role Player

Postby BioYuGi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:47 am

Does sound interesting I have to say. Being a villain is quite fun too. And darn now I'm sad about Boobmanji being forever in a state of limbo.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby panahinuva » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:36 am

For the stats, I'm thinking :

Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma

Strength defines accuracy damage dealt, dexterity defines dodging and jumping, intelligence defines book magic and intelligence, wisdom defines instinctive magic and common sense and charisma defines charm magic and spiritual attractiveness (If we have it define physical attractiveness, everyone's going to have a 5000 charisma. XD)

Stats should run from 1-25, with 1 being "Completely useless" and 25 being "Godly". Do we want skills in there? Like, you're particularly good at this? If so, do we want everyone to have a list of skills that everyone has access to, or have everyone list a set of...five skills that they get bonuses to when rolling them?

Also, do we want feats? Like, special features that people have that give them access to special abilities or skills?

And how do we want to define attacks? Have people make a list of 4 special attacks that they have and have those have special modifiers and only be able to be used X times per fight?

panahinuva
Site Admin

Postby Lunakitty » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:32 am

The amnesia rping was mostly a joke rping after the big forum crash of '09. This sounds fun but too much structure sort of ties hands. Then again a good .DM can take unusual actions and give them a fair chance of being payable.I might keep an eye on this and see how it unfolds lol.
"Yeah, I'm a total Witch."
"Haha, you can swear around us."
"I know what I said." *turns you into a newt*
O_O
"Bah, he'll be fine."
__________________________________________________Can you believe in this?
Lunakitty
Lady of the Night

Return to RP Ideas