Eris' Labyrinth

Got an idea for an RP? Go ahead and post it here and discuss it with others before deciding to proceed. Your open forum for feedback and opinions about your ideas.

Eris' Labyrinth

Postby robiotic » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:33 pm

"To the world the Gods of Greece may seem as dead as the dust which lines the pages of history. Yet some traces of the age of old still linger in the world, anomalies, whispers on the wind. It is said that on a tiny island not marked on any map there resides a maze, unseen to the world that holds wonders and horrors alike. And at its center waits the garden of the Hesperides. Those who conquer the maze may taste the gardens fruits, golden apples which hold the immortality of the Gods. Traversing the maze will change you, for better or worse, but with great risk comes great gain. Who knows, you may even find what you truly desire not at the mazes end - but on the journey it provides."

Been batting around the idea of a Greek mythology styled RP based around an ancient labyrinth featuring various transformations (TG,BE,AP,AR,TF,Growth.etc)?
Wouldn't necessarily need to be set in ancient Greece, but people in the real world are all sent invitations and then find themselves inside the labyrinth.
Just trying to gauge if this is something people would be interested in, would need one person willing to play Eris who'd take the main villain role and essentially manipulate the story in conjunction with myself.
Last edited by robiotic on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robiotic
Site Admin

Re: Eris' Labyrinth

Postby Qwerts » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:58 pm

That would be nice. Adding to this, maybe people that get in the maze could come from different timelines, merged into one because of the labyrinth's magic. So, if someone would like to play a pirate from the 18th century, or a cyborg from the year 2525, they could while someone else play a person from 2014 (or a cyborg, or a cowboy, etc...)
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby robiotic » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:04 pm

I quite like that as a concept, although it opens up a bit of a fairness debate since its likely some people would come in with guns or swords which puts them at a distinct advantage over present day entrants.
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby Qwerts » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Not if you have the weapons "vanish" per same magic as the one dealing with space-time continuum.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby robiotic » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Don't see why not then, I'm assuming language and text would be dealt with in the same way - some kind of universal translator.
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby Qwerts » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:29 pm

I guess. After all, you'd gm the game, so you'll be the one deciding what's in or out.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby robiotic » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Ok, so the forum would be as follows - when people are changed in the story there'll be an additional "current appearance:" section that will need to be updated.

Name:
Current Appearance:
Place and era of birth:
Brief Biography: Explanation of why you accepted the invitation to the labyrinth, bit of personal info.
Preferences:
Likes -
Acceptable -
Dislikes -
Last edited by robiotic on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby SoraWolf7 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:41 pm

I guess a good question is does Eris use only old-fashioned TFs or has she modernized her knowledge?
F-List: http://www.f-list.net/c/sorawolf/

I`m here to RP, kick butt, and drink bottles of root beer. And I`m all outta butts.
SoraWolf7
Approved Role Player

Postby robiotic » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Modern knowledge, although a lot of transformations would be neutral regardless of time like Mermaids, Nymphs, Centaurs.etc
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby Qwerts » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Hmm, you got all of this planned already, or needs more ideas?
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby robiotic » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:58 pm

I've got some key plot points nailed down, the rest I've got a list of possible tf's to fill in segments - but the idea was everyone would be moving round together with a few split paths that meet back at the same continuing point for a bit of variance.
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby Qwerts » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:07 pm

I see. You plan NPCs? Perhaps previous adventurers that lost to the labyrinth and now roam the corridors, perhaps some helpful or other that just want the newbies to join their ranks?
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby robiotic » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Well there are going to be set points on the Labyrinth you'll need to get past, so obviously those will involve NPC's - I suppose it could be thought of in a similar way to the trials of Hercules or the Argonauts and obviously as they went on their journey they saw the remnants of people who came before them. There's one or two temporary guide characters as well who are essentially immortals and it's their lifelong task to guide people through certain areas safely.
Last edited by robiotic on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby Qwerts » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:20 pm

I see.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby Geno XIII » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:22 pm

This is relevant to my interests :D

I joined an rp on the process with this kinda thing... only it got a little... icky. Lets just say it involved somebody... accurately... playing a harpy... odor and... other things involved... yeah.
3DS Friend Code: 3067 - 4780 - 9062
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Postby Qwerts » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Well, been asking that many questions because it involve my interests as well. So yeah.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Postby robiotic » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:07 am

Geno XIII wrote:I joined an rp on the process with this kinda thing... only it got a little... icky. Lets just say it involved somebody... accurately... playing a harpy... odor and... other things involved... yeah.

Great to have you interested, but rule 1 - if this goes ahead, none of that! Minimum 'icky' possible would be good, I suppose this will be a bit of a soft core version of Greek myth since any harpies will be if the sexy variety rather than the creepy/pungent type
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby Geno XIII » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:19 am

Thank zeus for that. :D
3DS Friend Code: 3067 - 4780 - 9062
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Postby robiotic » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:40 am

Apologies for the piss poor colouring, but it was done more as a point of reference for me than anything else.

Larger view http://imageshack.com/a/img801/9615/a1a0.jpg

Just to be clear, the stairways are intentionally gigantic as they were formed by Eris for her own use, there are five or six footholds in each step so they're possible to climb but your guide will take you up most steps on Gryphon back.
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby Qwerts » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:24 am

The coloring is quite neat actually. As the drawing is.
I came.
I saw.
I made it ackward.
Qwerts
Approved Role Player

Next

Return to RP Ideas