Betrayal at House on the Hill

Got an idea for an RP? Go ahead and post it here and discuss it with others before deciding to proceed. Your open forum for feedback and opinions about your ideas.

Betrayal at House on the Hill

Postby Geno XIII » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:46 pm

I have no idea how this would work, but hear me out on this weird idea...

After watching Suzy Hanson and Bar Kramer play it on Table Flip
http://www.polarisgo.com/video/Rppz9HcXaoa8/category/all/tag/all/section/latest/page/0

As well as a few other groups on Youtube such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MINNKyE4fjs

I was wondering what you guys would think if we somehow made a processy version of the game Betrayal at House on the Hill.

For those that never played, basically its a tabetop game where a minimum of three people go into a haunted house and explore its many rooms (laying down room tiles as they enter doors, so the house is always different) until a certain room is entered dictated by a roll of the dice... Then the haunt begins and one of the players becomes a traitor, actively fighting against the other players along with monster, aliens, demons etc in a game of either survival or other various goals: such as the traitor leading a group of cannibal freaks and the survivors have to escape or kill the traitor and his/her minions; the traitor is an alien that transports the house to another dimension with poison gas for oxygen, or the traitor goes mad and recreated Frankenstein's Creature and unleashes it on the others.
(The Youtube link at the very beginning gives a better description.)

What I'm wondering is if somehow this game can be recreated in RP form, but with most of the 50 scenarios replaced by process-friendly scenarios? Any ideas?

Also for reference, here's a pdf link for the Traitor's Guide and Survivor's Guide of the original game.
http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/BHH_SurvivalRev_120105.pdf
http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/BHH_TraitorRev_120105.pdf
3DS Friend Code: 3067 - 4780 - 9062
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Re: Betrayal at House on the Hill

Postby BioYuGi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Hm, first thought would be, better to make the 50 scenarios ahead of time, but not post them here, let them be unfolded naturally. If we wanted to make it completely random, you may risk someone pulling a scenario for a fetish they don't like. But, I think it does have a bit of promise.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Geno XIII » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Also for information on how character in the game work, basically they have four stats: Speed, Might, Sanity and Logic with various things in the house like seeing ghosts, morale boosts, fighting or falling into traps raising or lowering the stats.

Physical Traits:
Speed: Each turn, you can travel one room per point of Speed. It is also used to avoid traps.

Might: The primary means of attacking. There are weapons that can increase your attack dice pool.

Mental Traits:
Sanity: Usually used to overcome things that scare you. Rarely, it can be used for a mental attack instead.

Knowledge: Used to research things or solve problems.

Also of note, the dice used for this game are mostly blank except for... I think one side that has a 1 pip and another that has 2 pips.

The players are basically plot-immortal... until the haunt starts, then anyone can die... this may need to be changed ^^;

Also if this works out, I can see this being replayed multiple times... IF it works out fine.
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Postby BioYuGi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:02 pm

How about instead of those stats, they have things like Arousal, Lucidity, Willpower, and Movement. Then a player loses when they get too much of these and they willingly become a sex slave of whatever the scenario is.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Geno XIII » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Edited my previous post... hm... maybe we can add libido and or another stat to those... something like Corruption of Champions?
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Postby BioYuGi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:06 pm

That's the main thing I was thinking of, that the more things happened the more likely you are to lose. Kind of like Vamp I guess, I could get a chance to be in something similar to that!
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Geno XIII » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Right, but less free roaming story and more game-ey... but naturally roleplaying can happen via conversations and such.
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Postby BioYuGi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Right, sure
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Geno XIII » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Also... http://monstergirlencyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mamono what if to make this less gory and violent... the Scenarios can involve these?
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Postby ZeusAssassin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:28 pm

I love this game! 8-) An erotic version of it would be very fun to play through and RP.

Try something like 10 unique haunt scenarios at first. 50 would be way too much I think.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Know the creed. Respect the creed. Live the creed.
ZeusAssassin
Approved Role Player

Postby ZeusAssassin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:44 pm

So, here I have some ideas for the game.

Arousal ---> Maxed ----> Player becomes immobile until another player helps them relieve their arousal or they masturbate successfully.

Arousal is the only stat which complete depletion does not result in death. Obviously.

Any other stat (Willpower, Lucidity (which is like perception and sanity), and Movement) that depletes completely will result in death during the haunt.

Pre haunt, the meter stays stuck on the lowest level.

Every turn... a player may do one of the following things.

- Move a set number of rooms. Remember that upon discovering a room with any event in it, their turn ends.

- Trade items with another. This does not waste any movement points.

- Fornicate with one another or masturbate on their own. Everyone can join in on this, but doing so will spend their entire turn. To fornicate successfully, the players involved shall each roll all 6 dice. The following will happen.

0-2 - The player must increase their arousal level by two as they were not able to cum, and instead, only make themselves MUCH hornier.
3-4 - The player must increase their arousal level by one as let some juices fly, but not enough to reach orgasm.
5-6 - Nothing happens. Their orgasm was not successful in calming them down.
7-8 - The player successfully decreases their arousal level by one.
9+ - The player decreases their arousal level by two as their orgasms were spectacular, messy, and satisfying.

To help out this roll, the more players that participate in this act during a turn, the better. Each player in the same room fornicating will receive a +1 modifier to their roll for each additional player in the room.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Know the creed. Respect the creed. Live the creed.
ZeusAssassin
Approved Role Player

Postby Geno XIII » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Also of note... the dice in this game are six sided with 2 / 2 / 1 / 1 / blank / blank.
Geno XIII
Site Admin

Return to RP Ideas