Cheating the System

Do you like to draw? How about write? Well, if you're willing to share your work with us, then go ahead. I can't promise we won't criticize your work, but it's always good to get some opinions.

Cheating the System

Postby panahinuva » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:35 pm

Hey guys, I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Beyond Rubies series, but issue 8 is coming out on April 16th, which means I have a question for all of you.

Who would be interested in going in partsies with bio and me to get the cheapest membership for MCC in order to grab issues 7 and 8 and throw them in the communal pot? We've been waiting for issue 8 to come out before we did this to save money.

Logistics: One month is 24.95. I assume Bio will be paying because he's paid before and knows the logistics (I do not, it looks complicated). Right now, Bio and I would be splitting it, reducing it down to 12.50 each. Then if we add a 3rd person it's 8.25 per person. Ish. These are all estimates. Adding a 4th person brings it down to 6.00 per person. 5th person is 5 dollars per person and six (which is the maximum I'm expecting at best) would bring it down to 4.00 per person.

This will result in no reduction of quality to your purchase. What I think we'll do is get the one month membership, then privately share the log in code between all the people who paid in, then from there everyone can grab whatever they want off of the site until the membership runs out.

So, who's interested in this?
F-List: http://www.f-list.net/c/panahinuva

"The world is upside-down, Alice! The inmates are running the asylum- no offense. And worst of all... I'm left tea-less!"

panahinuva
Site Admin

Re: Cheating the System

Postby robiotic » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:38 pm

If we can get six then I'm sure I can skip dinner one day, that websites been a pain - don't understand why they can't just use standard payment options like bimbostoryclub
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby BioYuGi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:40 am

They recently got that system working again. For the longest time it was really difficult. Though I don't have a 'Dwolla' account so that would have to be made.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby BioYuGi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:54 am

Tomorrow is the date BR 8 comes out if anyone else wants to get on this.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby panahinuva » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:59 am

Yep, right now it's officially just Bio and me. Some people have expressed vague interest, but it's make or break time, people. Say it loud and say it proud or don't say it at all.

"The world is upside-down, Alice! The inmates are running the asylum- no offense. And worst of all... I'm left tea-less!"

panahinuva
Site Admin

Postby BioYuGi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:06 am

And just as a reminder, as I had a subscription about a year ago, I'd also recommend Con-Fused as one to look at, I think it's the same artist. Really that's the make or break of these for me. But you'll get access to everything, even the shit.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby Mitsunami » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:00 am

Oi. Tried telling Pana over insta-message that I was in on this, but the stupid thing seems to be as glitchy as ever...so, I'll just say it here. Yes, I'm in. Just lemme know what you need.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
We're coming aboard,
Prepare to eat lead.
Mitsunami
Approved Role Player

Postby BioYuGi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:09 am

I've made a pay account, tried connecting to mccomics this morning and had issues. I'll try again tonight.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby BioYuGi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Okay, I've sent in da monies. It's going to take several days to get back with the account info.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby BioYuGi » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Is anyone interested in trying this again? I only ask now because they have a 'January exclusive comic' up now, which is Beyond Rubies related:

This month, we have a wonderful bonus for current members: A new six-page story in the Beyond Rubies universe. We look back at Catherine and find out what happened to her from when she first received her Ruby to when she opened the door for Nick, transformed.

It's available now as a downloadable PDF for current members. It will only be available for download through January 31st; after that, it's gone! Unlike regular comics issues, our member bonuses are not archived.

They also have Beyond Rubies 10 up this month. I think the last time we did this they were only up to 8 or 9, I can't recall right now. So, if we want to do this, I'd say it'd be best to do it before the end of the month.
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby panahinuva » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:15 pm

I'd be down.

panahinuva
Site Admin

Postby robiotic » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:54 pm

I'm in, is it too late for the split?
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby BioYuGi » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:56 pm

I honestly forgot about this until now so yeah still open
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby robiotic » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Cool, who's cool to set up the account?
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby BioYuGi » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 am

I already have an account there I'd just need to renew. I think it's like 24.95 for a month. So, I don't know, say $8 apiece if it's just Pana, Robiotic and me?
BioYuGi
Approved Role Player

Postby robiotic » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:16 am

Cool with me, DM me your paypal address
robiotic
Site Admin

Postby panahinuva » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:32 am

Sounds fine by me. I'll also need a refresher on your paypal, can't remember what it is.

panahinuva
Site Admin

Return to The Council's Art Corner